Pryor Marking Technology

Stand: 4-M90

For over 175 years our success has been built on providing innovative and high quality solutions for the identification of components and products.

On 23rd May 1849 William Pryor purchased a Sheffield based mark making business where Edward Pryor, his son, was serving his apprenticeship. Edward went on to become a master engraver and led the business to international renown in its field.

Edward’s eldest and youngest sons, Edward Staniforth Pryor and George Albert Pryor took over the running of the company in 1883 and 1898 respectively, before handing over to his grandson Ronnie Pryor in 1938. Ronnie led the company through its period of greatest expansion including an extensive global footprint, until his death in 1984.

In 1978, ownership of the company was transferred to a charitable trust, set up by Ronnie Pryor, to ensure the long term success of the company.

Today, the company is still owned by the same charitable trust and operates from the same headquarters in Sheffield city centre (UK).

We still manufacture the manual marking products that the company was found on, and it remains a key part of our business, but we have continued evolve and innovate in line with our customers. We remain a world leading supplier of identification technologies, and continue to push the boundaries with our new products, automated solutions, and traceability software.

Company phone number

0114 276 6044


Pryor Marking
Egerton Street
S1 4JX
United Kingdom
Visit website

Contact Exhibitor

View all Exhibitors