The NEW Model A58SB absolute bus encoder
THE MODEL A58SB ABSOLUTE ENCODERÂ is designed for harsh factory and plant floor environments.
â€œIn any type of machinery that has a time-consuming positioning routine â€“ an example would be a satellite dish â€“ an absolute encoder is ideal,â€' explains Sarah Walter, electrical engineer and EPC Sales Engineer. â€œWith an absolute encoder, the controller has precise motion feedback about the position of the equipment, without needing to re-home during every start-up. Requiring the equipment to always re-home consumes valuable uptime. With absolute positioning, the controller â€˜knows' exactly where the machine is at all times, even after a power cycle.â€'
Model A58SB features
The A58SB Absolute Encoder offers:
- Multi-turn resolution up to 43 bits
- Up to 16 bits of single-turn resolution
- SSI and CANopenÂ® communications
- 58 mm diameter housing
- Shaft in 6 mm or 10 mm
- Synchro or clamping flange available
- M12 axial or radial connector, in 5-pin (CANopenÂ®) or 8-pin (SSI)
- Operating temperature range of -40Â° C to 85Â° C
- Sealing rating of IP65 on the shaft, with the balance of the unitÂ rated to IP67
- Internal resistor option
- Durable magnetic technology
- Proven turns counting technology with no gears or batteries
- Continuous digital position monitoring
- Ability to retain absolute position after a power outage
- Can be used in draw wire applications, with the BEPCÂ Model LCX
- Can be used with aÂ bracket and measuring wheelÂ for a linear measurement solution.
Watch this video to learn more about when absolute encoders are the best solutions.